Saturday, July 23, 2011

You've got to be kidding me...



So, apparently, Lifechurch.tv (what the crap?) in my beloved state of Oklahoma has decided to utilize recent hit movies as themes for worship and decor.  Although I appreciate the creativity and hard work required for this, I am amazed that so many of my Protestant brothers and sisters actually view this as worship.

When did giving praise to God become entertainment for those worshipping?  I can, to an extent, understand one's personal preference on certain issues, but to turn prayer into a specticle for one's own gratification fails the litmus test for me.  I am hard pressed to find God in much or any of this...

Here's a link to NewsOK report on the "Church of 'Tron.'"  Enjoy... and pray:

Warr Acres church lobby becomes video game world of ‘Tron' for sermon series | NewsOK.com

No comments:

Post a Comment