Sunday, December 6, 2009

A Bit of Conflict...



Ok, so here's the deal... I have too many people who desire, and indeed have a justifiable claim to ... me... I think that may be it. Therefore I feel it necessary to write the following:

My first priority is to my family. Period.

After that, I have friends from my previous university, friends from high school, friends from seminary, seminarian obligations within the diocese, obligations to my parents' church, and obligations to my own parish. (These are in no particular order, by the way)

The tricky part is trying to find a balance between maintaining my obligations to each respective claimant while also acquiescing to my own personal needs of rest and recovery from an exciting, yet stressful semester all the same... and I feel that this may be causing friction on more than one front.

So, therefore, I have done the only thing that has seemed to work regarding past chaos-turned-order moments... I've scheduled EVERYTHING into my calendar regarding family, friend, and seminary functions.

To be clear, and out of necessity, family functions are up for revision, depending on family needs and requests. Further, and I stress what is to follow, family takes precedent over all other functions and arrangements.

With this said, family must also realize my obligations to other parties, and respect my efforts to continue relationships and/or fulfill prearranged requirements by parties heretofore mentioned.

As an imperfect individual, I can say upfront that I will be unable to give the proper amount of time and attention deserved to each party in my life that has, nonetheless, come to be very important, and indeed an irreplaceable component in my life. Because of this, I extend to my heart-felt and sincere apologies.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment