Tuesday, February 28, 2012

"Even the sparrow finds a home"


I awoke today to a sound I have not heard since last Fall: birds chirping outside my window!  Spring is fast approaching!  How blessed I am to be following my vocation to the priesthood in a place of beauty and peace.  This is something I often forget.  What is more important, though, is that the most important place I reside is in the Lord's Presence.  I am reminded of one of my favorite psalms:

"How lovely is your dwelling place,
O LORD of hosts!
My soul longs, indeed it faints
for the courts of the LORD;
my heart and my flesh sing for joy
to the living God.

"Even the sparrow finds a home,
and the swallow a nest for herself,
where she may lay her young,
at your altars, O LORD of hosts,
my King and my God.
Happy are those who live in your house,
ever singing your praise."
Psalm 84:1-4             
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment